Re: BUG #4785: Installation fails

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Krimstock, Roger I (Roger)" <rik(at)avaya(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4785: Installation fails
Date: 2009-05-06 08:33:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Krimstock, Roger I (Roger)
<rik(at)avaya(dot)com> wrote:

> The one click from downloads on www.postgres.org.  Both the 8.3.7 and 8.4 versions.  The error message:
>
> ---------------------------
> Warning
> ---------------------------
> Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
>  Error reading file C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf
> ---------------------------
> OK
>
> I've tried to direct data to a different directory.  Looked at permissions, etc.  It just seems that this file is not created during installation/configuration.

The files is created during the initdb phase of the installation,
which if it fails *should* cause the installation to abort earlier on.
Can you dig out the log file and send it to me please (mask out any
instances of your chosen password first). You should be able to find
it in %TEMP%.

Regards, Dave.

--
Dave Page