Re: Feedback from recent training

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feedback from recent training
Date: 2009-04-26 20:20:37
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> Well, I meant that you would select two things:
>  * Base Type (List control) e.g. Integer
>  * Array or Not (Radio Button) e.g. Non-Array
> which would then result in a non-array Integer. So the radio button
> alters the meaning of the item selected from the list box.

For an UI element where the choices are boolean a radio button is
inappropriate - that's what a checkbox is for, e.g.

Type [integer ] Array? [x]

The radio button should be used to select from distinct options - for
example, in a trigger you might use radio buttons for BEFORE UPDATE or
AFTER UPDATE.

I guess the question though, is whether we would want the option to
global or local. I'd probably lean toward global rather than
cluttering every dialogue with extra controls - especially as users
either know about array types and use them, or don't use them.

--
Dave Page