Re: [pgadmin-support] PgAdmin 1.10 beta 1 - scratch pad won't go away

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] PgAdmin 1.10 beta 1 - scratch pad won't go away
Date: 2009-04-06 09:44:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

[moving to hackers]

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi Dave I was researching today the resize output pane bug but I believe is
> something with wxAui, I'm not 100% sure but with a simple action I can test
> my point, if you start pgAdmin resize object browser pane, go to view menu
> unselect it (Ctrl-Alt-O) to hide and then show again, object browser pane
> returns to their original size?,

Right - but that's when the user explicitly hides the scratch pad.
When it is programmatically hidden as part of the way the UI is
implemented then it should restore its original position and size.

Given your finding, I would suggest that unless there's a way to
store/restore the pane position and size (which there may be - perhaps
you can use the wxPaneInfo), then we need to look at how the form is
laid out (maybe leave the scratch pad alone and simply don't hide it -
the user can always do so himself if he needs more space).

--
Dave Page