Re: Beta 2 issues

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Kieran McCusker <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beta 2 issues
Date: 2009-03-27 21:22:36
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Kieran McCusker
<kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)info> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just another couple of issues:
>
> Tab is not working in SQL Editor (Windows) - Although you can block indent
> with the tab key.

That was painful to fix. I also remove the 'tab key for autocomplete'
option which creates some other interesting incompatibilties in this
area.

> Graphical Query builder takes forever (10 minutes+)  on our database (5004
> views and tables, 260 schemas)

That's going to need some redesign for optimal performance on large
schemas - I'll see if I can do something next week, but I can't
guarantee it won't be too invasive for 1.10.

There were also some horrible inefficiencies in the existing code
which I somehow managed to missed when I originally reviewed it. I've
cleaned all of those up now, and on XP, running in VMware on my laptop
I see around 1 minute to load 5000 tables from 200 schemas (created in
a matter of seconds using pgscript :-) ).

--
Dave Page