Re: Service not starting: Error 1053

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Frank Featherlight <dirtydude(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Service not starting: Error 1053
Date: 2009-02-25 13:05:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Frank Featherlight
<dirtydude(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I have attached the sysinfo, please don't abuse it in any way possible, I
> trust you guys with that.

:-) Thanks!

> As far as I can remember, no OEM versions of anti-virus were installed.
> Like I said before, did have these installed (removed them already):
> Norton Anti-Virus
> Kaspersky Anti-Hacker
> (temporarily installed Kaspersky now, but will remove before trying to
> install postgresql again when I get a good tip that might help)

Yes - the sysinfo shows a bunch of Kaspersky miniport drivers
installed (assuming I'm reading the German text correctly). Try
uninstalling it completely (check to make sure msinfo32 agrees it's
all gone after a reboot) and then try a reinstall of PG.

> Still have installed:
> Registry Mechanic ( http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic )
> Tune-Up Utilities ( http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities )

Afaics, registry mechanic isn't running, so shouldn't be a problem.
Tune-up utilities appears to have a bunch of services, so is worth
trying without.

I also notice you have daemontools installed. I know earlier versions
worked with PG, but I haven't tried in quite a while. Might be worth
trying removing that too.

--
Dave Page