Re: Server Status window work

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server Status window work
Date: 2009-01-21 09:59:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> They are now on a toolbar and I still have the issue. I probably did
> something wrong, I'll check this today.

OK. I wonder if it would make some more sense to have separate
controls for each tab anyway, and just put them directly on each tab.
It might be preferable to be able to control the refresh rate of each
pane individually.

>> If we can't fix the GTK/wxAUI_NB_TAB_SPLIT bug it all seems a bit
>> academic though. That feature is what makes this worthwhile (the
>> ability to view multiple tabs on the status dialogue simultaneously -
>> for those that haven't been following closely :-p). I suppose we could
>> enable the feature just on Windows & Mac, but well, urgh...
>>

> The bug report I found is not really my issue. The fix proposed does not
> work, and I also have the issue with XFCE/Gnome.

OK.

> I don't think the issue is in our code because the aui sample from the
> wxWidgets source tarball behave exactly the same (ie it crashes).

Yeah.

> I personaly would prefer to commit the patch (when the toolbar issue is
> fixed). Of course, the wxAUI_NB_TAB_SPLIT will be disable on Linux.
> Remember we also have this issue on the other pgadmin's Window :
> frmMain, frmQuery, frmEditGrid. They all crash if I try to move a pane.

Except we're not proposing to add that functionality to those forms
(in fact, frmEditGrid doesn't even have a tabset). doing so would be a
lot of work, and I think it's only worth the effort perhaps on
frmMain.

>> Did you have any thoughts on the idea of changing the log viewer to a
>> text control instead of the listctrl?
>>

> I didn't try but it should work. We'll need to trash the columns code,
> but it won't be a hard work.

Cool.

--
Dave Page