Re: Listctrl sizing (Was: Server Status window work)

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Listctrl sizing (Was: Server Status window work)
Date: 2009-01-06 14:57:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> Can you post what you have please?
>>

> Sure, no problem. The last patch I was working on is the one attached,
> though it seems to work better on Mac than on the linux box... grmbl...

The size of that patch to fix a listctrl that won't shrink scares me
:-(. Having played around, it seems it's caused by our use of the
generic listctrl on Mac (see
http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/pgadmin3/pgadmin/pgAdmin3.cpp?rev=6723&r1=6718&r2=6723).
If we use the native control, sizing works fine (though the bottom
buttons on the dlgType panes get slightly obscured as they do now).

I've asked an expert about this - hopefully we may get some answers.
If not, I wonder if we can use the generic control selectively
somehow, so we can avoid the problem cases the commit above fixes, and
get the sizing right elsewhere.

--
Dave Page