Re: Patch for "Panel for Joins in the Graphic Query Builder"

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Ashesh Vashi" <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch for "Panel for Joins in the Graphic Query Builder"
Date: 2008-12-02 15:40:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> - The Join label doesn't update on the diagram if you change the join
> type unless you click on the drawing canvas afterwards.
>
> Done
> Only issue, I can see with the combobox within the Grid, is until you loose
> the focus
> (by either pressing return or moving to other cell), the value is not
> getting updated
> for that particular join

I don't see any difference on Windows - I still need to click on the
canvas before the label changes. Changing to a difference cell, or
hitting return doesn't help.

> - Selecting a join should select the corresponding row in the list.
>
> In fact, I implemented this feature on double click.
> Now onwards,
> * For single left click, row will be selected, but the "joins panel" will be
> activate.
> * For double left click, "Joins panel" will be selected and the
> corresponding row in
> the list too.

That sounds good. It seems to work for a while, and then the row
highlighting stops working. It seemed to stop after I clicked on (but
didn't change the value) in one of the combos in the Join Type column.
To get it to work again, I have to close and re-open the query tool.

I spotted another minor issue - if I'm on the Joins tab, and I click
the Columns tab - the main tab set at the top switches to SQL Editor!

--
Dave Page