Re: using plpgsql debuggers

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Ravi Chemudugunta" <chemuduguntar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: using plpgsql debuggers
Date: 2008-10-29 22:54:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Ravi Chemudugunta
<chemuduguntar(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> I probably should have explained what it is that I am trying to do.
>
> I am trying to create a command line interface to the debugger rather than
> using the GUI (that'll eventually plug into a sort of testing harness) - so
> I am needing to figure out how it actually works. In the code comments it
> mentions that any client can be used (psql) ... I don't mind all the extra
> typing =)
>
> Any thoughts on how I may do this?
>
> I did have a brief look at the code inside pgadmin's debugger module - but
> it was a bit hard to figure out how it kicked the whole process off...

Ah, well that code is pretty complex to read as it uses async queries
which fire events when they complete. There's no obvious flow to
follow just by reading.

My colleague posted an example of the API usage a while back - you can
find it at http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-09/msg00241.php

--
Dave Page