Re: Support for integrated tsearch configuration

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for integrated tsearch configuration
Date: 2008-08-04 11:01:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> I worked three days on it. The fourth was more about testing it on different
> platforms (GTK, Windows, Mac). Now, It's working. I don't attach the patch
> because it's really big, but here is a URL to get it compressed:

Cool :-). The usual list of random thoughts....

- Should we call objects 'FTS xxxx'? All the 'Text Search xxxx' labels
look a little long.

- There are some tokens to add to the ctlSQLBox list - at least
GETTOKEN, LEXTYPES, HEADLINE, INIT, LEXIZE

- There is a little inconsistency in the RE-SQL formatting - for a
template for example we have:

CREATE TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE fred (
INIT = dsimple_init,
LEXIZE = dsimple_lexize);

and for a dictionary:

CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY fred (
TEMPLATE = "simple"
);

Note the ); position.

- I got a crash when trying to create a config with no tokens.

0 pgAdmin3-Debug 0x00021b63
wxArrayString::GetCount() const + 9 (arrstr.h:144)
1 pgAdmin3-Debug 0x000fed06
dlgTextSearchConfiguration::GetSql() + 1634
(dlgTextSearchConfiguration.cpp:346)
2 pgAdmin3-Debug 0x000cbf7f
dlgProperty::OnOK(wxCommandEvent&) + 335 (dlgProperty.cpp:759)

- The Dictionaries textbox is oddly sized on the Tokens tab of the
Configuration.

- The dialogue boxes default to different sizes. They should all be
consistently sized.

- Don't forget to add new headers to precomp.h.

I only gave the code a cusory glance - you've got lot's of pgAdmin
experience now so I trust that it's all as clean as the bits I looked
at :-)

Overall, looks pretty good :-)

--
Dave Page