Google Summer of Code Projects

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Pgadmin-Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Google Summer of Code Projects
Date: 2008-07-31 12:30:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

As you may know, we have to Google Summer of Code students working on
pgAdmin this year. Please take some time to help them test and refine
their work before the end of this year's GSoC. We hope to include the
results of both projects in the next version of pgAdmin.

Mickael Deloison has been working on pgScript - an enhancement to the
Query Tool to allow client-side T-SQL-like scripting capabilities,
useful for generating test data and scripting tedious administration
tasks. See http://www.pgadmin.org/archives/pgadmin-hackers/2008-07/msg00053.php
for details, and
http://www.pgadmin.org/archives/pgadmin-hackers/2008-07/msg00054.php
for a test binary for Windows.

Luis Ochoa has been working on a Graphical Query Builder for th Query
Tool. See http://www.pgadmin.org/archives/pgadmin-hackers/2008-07/msg00050.php
for details, and a test binary for Windows.

It's important that these projects are given as much support as
possible to ensure that we can attract future GSoC sponsorship from
Google in the future to help us continue to add cool new features to
pgAdmin, so please take some time to try of the binaries, review the
code and give as much useful feedback as possible.

Thanks, Dave.

--
Dave Page