Re: Dialogs review

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dialogs review
Date: 2008-07-24 21:33:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Here is a patch that merges all the others. I don't see another way to do it
> without completely loosing track of the version of each individual patch.
>
> This patch fixes the display issues on Mac OS X. It adds a few other dialogs
> (dlgColumn, dlgConversion, dlgDatabase, dlgDomain).

dlgCast/dlgConversion/dlgColumn/dlgDomain:

- If you look closely, there is some inconsistency with the label top
positions relative to the control tops. For example, on OSX, the top
of the 'n' on the end lines up with the top of the combobox on
dlgCast. Other labels are similarly high, though it seems to vary.

Aside from that, they're ready to go.

dlgDatabase:

- The wxListCtrl problem is present on the variables tab.
- The boolean variable checkbox doesn't display at all on my Mac.
- The text variable checkbox is too small on the variables tab (missing border)
- Vertical alignment of labels is a little out.
- Privileges tab doesn't resize yet (but I guess you know that!)

> Remaining issue:
> * wxListCtrl can grow but doesn't want to shrink

If we can get a reproducible small test case, we might be able to get
this looked at.

> New issue:
> * doing anything with chkValue (hiding, showing, changing the value) on
> dlgDatabase cause a crash

Couldn't reproduce - assuming this is the checkbox on the variables
tab when a boolean guc is selected, I couldn't even get it to display
on the Mac. Have you tried a 'make clean; make all' after rebuilding
xrcdialogs.cpp? That can sometimes help.

One additional issue that's been there for years - the left-hand
alignment of textboxes and editable-listboxes isn't quite right on Mac
(it may be out on other platforms - it's just more noticable on the
mac). For example, look at the alignment of the datatype and name
controls on dlgColumn. Not sure what, if anything, we can do about
that - it may be a wxWidgets issue.

--
Dave Page