Re: Can't get the debugger going

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "William Garrison" <postgres(at)mobydisk(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't get the debugger going
Date: 2008-05-12 08:16:02
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM, William Garrison <postgres(at)mobydisk(dot)com> wrote:
> I can't get the pgadmin debugger to work. I found this thread and it is the
> same symptom I have. I went through the staeps, and I have the same plugins
> that the original poster had. But I don't understand the suggestions on how
> to fix it. Can someone please clarify?
>
> In my case, I have a database that I created from scratch, not using
> dump/restore. I also tried creating a simple function in the "postgres"
> database and I cannot debug that either. What "debugger functions" are you
> referring to?

The functions that make up the debugger API, contained in
pldbgapi.sql, normally found in the share directory of your
installation. If they're not present in your maintenance database, run
the SQL script in psql or pgAdmin to create them, then restart
pgAdmin.

> What is "template0"? (I see it in pgadmin but I can't
> connect to it so I don't know what that is. I also have a "template1").

template0 is a completely empty database which may be cloned (using
pgAdmin or CREATE DATABASE) to make new, empty databases.

--
Dave Page