Re: Refresh issue in object tree

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Erwin Brandstetter" <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Refresh issue in object tree
Date: 2008-05-02 09:05:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 7:44 PM, Erwin Brandstetter
<brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at> wrote:
> Hi developers! Hi Dave!
>
> Testing pgAdmin v.1.8.2 (Feb 5 2008), rev: 7050, on WinXP; host: pg 8.2.7
> and 8.3.1 on Debian Etch
>
> A refresh on a collection in the object tree updates all object names under
> it, but a refresh on a single object fails to update its name (while the
> definition in the SQL pane is updated like expected)
> That feels counter-intuitive, one would expect the name to be included. It
> also leads to a state where the object browser contradicts the SQL pane.
>
> I have tested this with trigger functions, functions, tables and views. So I
> assume it is a general issue in the object tree.

Yup, indeed - we never refresh the node text, we just recreate the
nodes under the current one, or reassign the object data to the
current node. I've committed a fix that will also update the text if
the object isn't a collection.

Thanks, Dave.

--
Dave Page