Re: Patch queue -> wiki (was varadic patch)

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Greg Smith" <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, "Pg Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch queue -> wiki (was varadic patch)
Date: 2008-04-04 08:36:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> > That seems like a *really* odd thing for one of the founders of the
> > world's most advanced OSS DBMS project to say. It's all relational
> > (which we do do pretty well) - we can add links to the wiki to threads
> > in the archives, and anything posted from then on is self-maintaining
> > (except when new threads are started - but even if each patch gets 5
> > threads that's not a huge chore).
> >
> > I see no reason to go manually copying all 2k emails to the wiki.
>
> Well, I am waiting for someone to show me how it is done because I can't
> figure out a way. Do it and I will gladly stop doing what I am doing.

We must be talking at cross purposes because I really cannot believe
you're asking me how to add a link to a wiki page :-o

Just in case though, the most simple way is to just add the URL with
square brackets surrounding it:

[http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-04/msg00131.php]

To use different link text just add it after the URL:

[http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-04/msg00131.php
Patch queue -> Wiki]

To link to another wiki page, put the target page title in double
square brackets

[[Developer and Contributor Resources]]

--
Dave Page