Re: We should get active ...

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>, "Susanne Ebrecht" <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-25 15:58:55
Lists: pgeu-general

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:35:28 +0000
> "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>

> > > About other tools like cvs/svn etc... I assume it is for some
> > > material like documentation, flyers, design, ... ? I personnaly
> > > don't care, but living cvs will not affect me :)
> >
> > For flyers etc. we should probably create a pgfoundry project. That
> > gives us the ability to track issues, source control and ad-hoc
> > mailing lists for discussing specific projects.
>
> May I humbly suggest that this type of thing be handled
> internationally? For Fosdem I provided (I don't know if it was used or
> not) the CD label and the Flyer/Poster.

We had flyers from Italy, France, and the ones that I think you worked
on that we sponsored (once I corrected all your .USian speeling
mishtakes). I agree a global effort to organise these makes more
sense.

> There is no reason to duplicate efforts all of the marketing material
> across the board is useful. Although we may have to translate some.
>
> Perhaps a trac site + svn?

Will you stop it with the new sites every five minutes? :-)

We have pgFoundry which does everything we should need for that sort of thing.

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company