Re: bug in pgadmin 1.8.2: missing entry in 'Data Type' list

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Peter Gagarinov" <heartofmars(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, mha(at)hagander(dot)net, "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Subject: Re: bug in pgadmin 1.8.2: missing entry in 'Data Type' list
Date: 2008-02-13 13:37:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Feb 12, 2008 9:12 PM, Peter Gagarinov <heartofmars(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> 1) create a simple table with two columns :
>
> create test_table(a integer, b integer);
>
> 2) go to 'New Table.." menu, type in some table name,
>
> 3) go to 'Columns' tab, type some column name, 'a' for instance and try to find type 'test_table' in the drop-down 'Data Type' list.
>
> You should see only test_table[], not test_table which doesn't seem correct.

I *think* the original intent was to not show table types at all,
which probably got broken when array types were re-jigged for 8.3 -
however, I don't see why we wouldn't want to see them as they are
perfectly valid to use.

The attached patch fixes this for me - can I get one or two of the
other hackers to test this and confirm that a) I got the logic right
in the change to the query and b) there is no good reason not to show
the table types (Magnus, Guillaume :-))?

Cheers, Dave

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company