Re: A new feature patch and a bug fix

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A new feature patch and a bug fix
Date: 2008-02-05 14:51:25
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Guillaume

On Feb 5, 2008 9:46 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Finally, I found some time to work on my patches :)

:-)

> I'm not sure I get this right. It took me much more time than the four
> previous stuff. XRCed is not really easy getting used to. So bad there's
> no better (free) XRC editor out there. Anyways, I've done something I'm
> quite happy with. But perhaps I need to add more sizers ?

Yeah, there's still some problems.

- On Windows, the dialogue is too small. Removing the size form the
dialogue iutself seems to cure that in my limited testing.

- There should be a border around the tab control so it's not tight to
the edges of the dialogue. I think we use 5d elsewhere.

- I'm not actually sure we need the tab control there anyway - maybe
the change password dialogue would be a better model?

- It should probably be a fixed size dialogue.

I heard a rumour that DialogBlocks now supports XRC format. Not sure
it if can do a better job.

Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to hack it about myself,
otherwise I'd see what I could do.

/D