Re: Fwd: Filter by Selection on Grid

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Robins Tharakan" <robins(at)pobox(dot)com>
Cc: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Filter by Selection on Grid
Date: 2008-02-05 14:12:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Feb 5, 2008 12:54 PM, Robins Tharakan <robins(at)pobox(dot)com> wrote:

> > The last item on the contextual menu is a separator. I wonder why ?
> >
> Thats more of a mistake of sorts... Actually I am half way into adding the
> Copy/Paste on the right-click.
> Just that I thought I should finalize on a few UI decisions before I send
> that patch in.

OK, slow down :-). I see the latest version of the patch added sorting
functionality - which is great, but please try not to change the
functionality once we're into the review/refinement process. If you
want to add more functionality, post a new patch, otherwise the
process just becomes a lot more complicated.

Sorting is there now though, so we'll deal with both together.

> But in all this, somehow the separator got pushed in before time :-)

I see two remaining problems with the patch - that being one of them,
and the other being that there is still code in there attempting to
enable/disable the sorting/filter options on the View menu - that
needs to be changed throughout to the Tools menu of course (eg.
viewMenu->Enable(MNU_OPTIONS, false); ), plus the other new options
should be enabled/disabled in the same places. That's done to prevent
these functions being selected during data refresh or other
operations.

One hint - test in a debug enabled build as you should then see
asserts for things like enabling non-existant menu options.

Once thats sorted, I think we'll be ready to apply :-)

Thansk, Dave