Re: Restore problem

From: Alban Hertroys <dalroi(at)solfertje(dot)student(dot)utwente(dot)nl>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restore problem
Date: 2010-12-29 11:58:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On 29 Dec 2010, at 4:29, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>> What program are you using to look at the plain text file?
>>>

>>> Notepad
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>

>> Open the file in Wordpad and see if it looks better.
>>
>> It looks the same.
>>
>> Bob
>
> Well there goes that theory. Notepad is almost useless as a text editor and is known for not wrapping lines correctly.

I thought I knew what you were going to say here, namely that notepad can't handle newlines that are not CRLF, but just CR or LF. Bob obviously ran into a problem like that.
I didn't know about any problems with wrapping, or is the newline problem what you were referring to?

I'm glad they fixed its 64kB file size limit though - about time!

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4d1b2275802656600811020!