Re: What may cause - Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user?

From: John Cheng <jlcheng(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: emilu(at)encs(dot)concordia(dot)ca, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What may cause - Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user?
Date: 2009-04-22 14:19:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Check your pg_hba.conf file. What does it look like? The message suggests that your job is trying to connect to the database as the user "schema_owner_name" (or whatever the real user name is), but is actually running as a different unix user. Also, did anyone change the unix user running this particular data population job?

----
John L. Cheng