psql won't "createdb"

From: Shayne Patton <sanitys3j(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql won't "createdb"
Date: 2004-10-27 06:45:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

This is kinda weird. I'm using the pg8 beta4. When I install on Win
2k3 server, it lets me do everything I want to do through pgAdmin,
however I prefer the console based psql. Problem is, when I connect
to template1 (or anything else) I'm unable to "createdb". This
happens when I attempt it w/out the wrapper as well (as in CREATE
DATABASE).

I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times, making sure to remove all
the pg srvcs, users, files, and registry entries. I've re-downloaded
the .msi on the chance it was corrupted (twice).

Anyone have any ideas??

Universally,
Shayne