faq?

From: Antoine <melser(dot)anton(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: faq?
Date: 2006-01-27 18:19:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
I can't seem to find the faq. I ask this because after having seen our
postgres/pgsql-odbc project nearly fail (the boss even suggested we convert
to access!!!) because I failed to realise that for big tables not using the
option "Use Declare/Fetch" meant pgsql-odbc would bring our server and
network to a standstill. That should certainly be in the FAQ!
BTW, could someone tell me why that is not a good option to have enabled by
default? I assume that most dbs have at least a couple of tables where there
are lots of rows, and seeing as a lot of odbc (vb6 anyway) users probably do
inserts the way we do (ie, not via execute, but by opening a table and then
doing AddNew) it might be something to look at... anyway, the boss told us
to go home early seeing as I turned our project from a dog back into
something decent!
Cheers
Antoine

--
This is where I should put some witty comment.

  • Re: faq? at 2006-01-27 22:03:41 from Ludek Finstrle