beta2 or cvs?

From: Antoine <melser(dot)anton(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: beta2 or cvs?
Date: 2004-09-15 17:28:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
I am intending using the latest and greatest postgresql to learn about
how it works and where it is heading (the project I am on is in for
the long haul, and won't need to be "in production" for months
yet...), so is the best place to be for the time being cvs? I am
running gentoo so we get the hottest of the press in terms of releases
but would it be better to be even closer? I am not at all bothered
about the odd bug, and would like to be involved in the testing
process - a lot of projects just tell you to update to the latest cvs
before reporting a bug, is that the general story here?
Cheers
Antoine

--
G System, The Evolving GUniverse - http://www.g-system.at