Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Adam Brightwell <adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydata(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask
Date: 2018-04-08 16:13:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Michael,

On 4/6/18 10:20 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2018 at 09:15:15AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> I'll reply to David's last email (where the latest set of patches were
>> included) with my comments/suggestions and I expect we'll be able to get
>> those addressed today and have a final patch to post tonight, with an
>> eye towards committing it tomorrow.
>
> The feature freeze is on the 8th, so I am going to have limited room to
> comment on things until that day. If something gets committed, I am
> pretty sure that I'll get out of my pocket a couple of things to improve
> the feature and its interface anyway if of course you are ready to
> accept that.

Improvements are always welcome! The core focus of the patch hasn't
changed over the last year, but we've found better ways to implement it
over time. I'm sure there's more we can do.

> I have limited my role to be a reviewer, so I refrained
> myself from writing any code ;)

Your dedicated and tireless review helped get this patch over the line.
Thank you very much for all your hard work.

--
-David
david(at)pgmasters(dot)net