Re: strange

From: Filip Rembiałkowski <plk(dot)zuber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Szymon Guz <mabewlun(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange
Date: 2010-03-23 11:48:25
Lists: pgsql-general

For the record, I've recently observed such behaviour on non-cheap
64bit server harware.

That was Pg 8.4.0. hardware specs available on request.

EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT was over 2 times slower that SELECT. repeatedly.

Answering an obligatory question: NO virtualization (vmware/xen/other) there.

Question:
Is there anything as normal, accepted level of performance degradation
when using EXPLAIN ANALYZE compared to plain query?