Re: BUG #2486: PANIC when CTRL-C on vacuum full analyze

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ronald" <lobster2(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2486: PANIC when CTRL-C on vacuum full analyze
Date: 2006-06-23 00:23:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Ronald" <lobster2(at)xs4all(dot)nl> writes:

I think we've seen this reported once before. You'd need to hit the
window where VACUUM FULL has committed its transaction but is still busy
cleaning indexes. Having moved a whole lot of rows would contribute to
making that window wider ...

I haven't looked into a fix but I imagine the best thing would be to
start a real second transaction for the cleanup phase.