PostgreSQL Developer/DBA

From: Sarilyn Andes <sarilyna(at)infogroupnw(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org, seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Developer/DBA
Date: 2012-09-12 23:17:12
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hello! We have a great contract to hire opportunity for a Postgres Developer/DBA (mostly a developer) with a client in downtown Seattle. The details are below. If you are interested, please send your resume to sarilyna(at)infogroupnw(dot)com and/or give me a call at 503-746-8146. Let me know if you have questions!

PostgreSQL Developer/DBA

Seattle

6 month contract to hire

Responsibilities and Duties

=================

·

Provide ongoing engineering support (2nd tier) and documentation for the operations group for patching Postgres on the new ground system in both staging and production landscapes.

·

Perform engineering DBA role for the forward development including maintenance of any development group landscape systems that need Postgres coverage, maintenance of liquibase updates in java and migrate files in ruby, proper indexing and rudimentary instance tuning advice for the operations group (as 2nd tier support).

·

Analyze and fix or suggest tuning solutions for hibernate and active record queries in the new ground system currently being written in Java/Spring and Ruby/Rails. Using pgbench testing would be a great start - we did not quite get there, but something beyond that would be preferable. Tuning ahead of the tipping point is the goal for ensuring that the running system is as healthy as possible.

·

Research and suggest solutions for security issues surrounding PCI compliance, documentation, setup of synchronous, streaming replication and hot backups in development and staging. Provide documented suggestions for operations for use in production.

·

Provide support for upcoming interface for decision support system's ETL process.

Required Skills and Experience

====================

·

Experience supporting highly-available, high-traffic OLTP systems on PostgreSQL v8.3 or higher, preference given to 9.0 and above.

·

ANSI SQL proficient.

·

Experienced with hibernate, ruby yml and migration files, liquibase a plus.

·

General knowledge of the problems and solutions surrounding the open source nature of Postgres and the tools used to tune and manage it.

·

Must have experience with systems involving credit card information.

·

General knowledge of PCI audits a plus, specifically as it relates to securing native PostgreSQL replication and securing of data. Understanding of compliance with the European Union's Data Protection Act, either the existing one or the current draft under consideration would be a huge plus.

·

Linux/Unix experience

Optional Skills

==============

·

Experience in Programming preferably in one or more of the following: Ruby, Java, Perl, PHP, or Spring, Drupal, Maven

Professional attributes

==============

·

An ability to be kind, gentle and respectful in a stressful environment

·

Desire to stay updated on current and new technologies

·

Ability to multi-task

·

Strong time management and organizational skills

·

Strong written and verbal communication skills

·

Strict attention to detail

Sincerely,

Sarilyn Andes