Re: Extracting cross-version-upgrade knowledge from buildfarm client

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extracting cross-version-upgrade knowledge from buildfarm client
Date: 2023-01-15 13:21:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2023-01-14 Sa 15:06, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>> OK, I'll take a look at that and make a new draft.
> Here's version 2, incorporating your suggestions and with some
> further work to make it handle 9.2 fully. I think this could
> be committable so far as HEAD is concerned, though I still
> need to make versions of AdjustUpgrade.pm for the back branches.

This looks pretty good to me.

I'll probably change this line

   my $adjust_cmds = adjust_database_contents($oversion, %dbnames);

so it's only called if the old and new versions are different. Is there
any case where a repo shouldn't be upgradeable to its own version
without adjustment?

cheers

andrew

--