Out of shared memory in postgres 8.4.2 and locks

From: Vidhya Bondre <meetvbondre(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Out of shared memory in postgres 8.4.2 and locks
Date: 2010-03-09 09:38:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi All,

We have installed postgres 8.4.2 on production.

We have a parition table structure for one of the table.

when i am drop the master table we get the following error.

drop table table_name cascade;
WARNING: out of shared memory
ERROR: out of shared memory
HINT: You might need to increase max_locks_per_transaction.

FYI : This sql was working fine on Postgres 8.3

Can some one please let me know what is going wrong here.

Regards
Vidhya