Isn't strdup.h useless code?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Isn't strdup.h useless code?
Date: 2006-09-26 22:27:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While looking around to see where to insert strlcpy(), I couldn't help
noticing that port/strdup.c has its very own header file,
include/strdup.h. AFAICS this is utterly redundant given that we have

#ifndef HAVE_STRDUP
extern char *strdup(char const *);
#endif

in port.h. Can anyone see a reason not to remove the extra header?