Re: pg_crypto failures with llvm on OSX

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_crypto failures with llvm on OSX
Date: 2012-03-10 00:50:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Buildfarm member mussel (OS X 10.7.3, llvm-gcc 4.2.1, x86_64)seems to be
> getting consistent warnings when running the pgcrypto regression tests,
> that look like this:

> WARNING: detected write past chunk end in ExprContext 0x7fec2b11eb58

> Does anyone have an idea why that might be?

Worksforme, on an up-to-date Lion system using exactly the same
compiler version. I do see the deprecation warnings (which Apple
seems to have plastered on every single OpenSSL function ... doesn't
leave me with a warm feeling about their future plans).

I suspect that mussel has an ABI-incompatible openssl library hanging
around someplace. On my machine "otool -L pgcrypto.so" shows

/usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib (compatibility version 0.9.8, current version 44.0.0)

It'd be interesting to know what it says on mussel.