Re: pgsql-server/src/backend catalog/index.c comma ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: "'Bruce Momjian'" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "'Marc G(dot) Fournier'" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-server/src/backend catalog/index.c comma ...
Date: 2003-09-28 15:36:54
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

"Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> Though there has been no discussion like discussion on this
> item between Tom and me, his code is already there.
> Is it reasonbale ? As I already mentioned many many times
> putting back his change should have been the first thing but
> it wasn't.

You already reverted the first version. I followed full protocol
in the second version: I posted a design spec and then a proposed
patch, and I waited what seemed a reasonable length of time for
comments before committing. You do not have the right to expect
that commits will be held off indefinitely if you don't have the
time to respond to discussion.

I should also point out that according to the CVS logs, you have not
touched the reindex code in nearly two years. If you were actively
working on it, I'd surely not have joggled your elbow. But you can't
expect that there is a permanent KEEP OUT sign on code you once worked
on.