Re: Weird index or sort behaviour

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Matthew Wakeling <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Weird index or sort behaviour
Date: 2009-11-15 02:50:21
Lists: pgsql-performance

Matthew Wakeling <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org> writes:
> [ discussion about applying materialize to a mergejoin's inner indexscan ]

I have finally gotten round to doing something about this, and applied
the attached patch to CVS HEAD. Could you test it on your problem case
to see what happens? If it's not convenient to load your data into
8.5devel, I believe the patch would work all right in 8.4.x. (A quick
check shows that it applies except for one deletion hunk that has a
conflict due to a comment change; you could easily do that deletion
manually.)

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
mergejoin-materialize.patch text/x-patch 19.7 KB