- Feature Request - ilike transformation

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Postgresql ODBC List <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: - Feature Request - ilike transformation
Date: 2007-10-12 22:01:21
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I don't know if this would be possible in the ODBC layer, but it would be nice if the ODBC driver
had a parameter that could be set to transform all LIKE predicates to ILIKE before the query is
processed by the server.

Currently, my users are accustomed to the behavior of LIKE in case insensitive databases, and are
not happy when I change LIKE's behavior to be case sensitive after porting the back-end to
PostgreSQL.

In some cases where case insensitivity was absolutely needed now, I instructed the users to try:

'*[Aa]*[Ll][Oo][Tt]*[Oo][Ff]*[Ss]quare*brackets*'

but this doesn't go over to well. :o)

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.