Re: Copy Data Question

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Copy Data Question
Date: 2006-06-23 00:11:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

>> i Start -> Run-> type "cmd" and press enter
>> i then type....
>> COPY t_temp FROM C:\parts.csv'

>> and i get the following error:
>> "The system cannnot find the file specified."

I'll bet doubling the backslash would help.

BTW, Postgres itself would certainly have echoed back the filename it
was trying to open, which would have helped you:

regression=# copy tenk1 from 'C:\parts.csv';
ERROR: could not open file "C:parts.csv" for reading: No such file or directory

Whatever software actually produced that message needs to be fixed.