Log the location field before any backtrace

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Log the location field before any backtrace
Date: 2020-07-09 09:17:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In PG13, we added the ability to add backtraces to the log output.
After some practical experience with it, I think the order in which the
BACKTRACE and the LOCATION fields are printed is wrong. I propose we
put the LOCATION field before the BACKTRACE field, not after. This
makes more sense because the location is effectively at the lowest level
of the backtrace.

Patch attached.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Log-the-location-field-before-any-backtrace.patch text/plain 1.4 KB