Re: Hijack!

From: "Trevor Talbot" <quension(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Keith Turner" <kturner(at)cloudsystems(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hijack!
Date: 2007-12-12 06:38:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/11/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:48:35 -0800
> "Keith Turner" <kturner(at)cloudsystems(dot)com> wrote:

> > I apologize; I had assumed that the threads were simply grouped by
> > subject. If this is such a problem, probably it should be laid out on
> > the list information page, otherwise how is anyone to know?

> Because it is standard practice on the internet to have lists-headers?
> And that is how every standard mail client deals with it?

FWIW, this is becoming less true in terms of common clients. Google
Mail, for instance, groups primarily by subject. I find it irritating,
but it's still a more convenient interface than my other clients for
working with mailing lists.

The point here is that a lot of people are going to be used to dealing
with these other clients that mostly ignore the list headers, so it's
less likely to be common knowledge.