Re: FTS trigger works 1 at a time, but fails with bulk insert script

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Malik Rumi <malik(dot)a(dot)rumi(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FTS trigger works 1 at a time, but fails with bulk insert script
Date: 2018-10-08 22:54:03
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10/8/18 1:58 PM, Malik Rumi wrote:
> So what is the script you used to do the bulk INSERT?
>
> There's actually three, but they are all basically the same. The
> differences have to do with the source material being inserted:
>
> # usr/local/bin/python3.6
> # coding: utf-8
>
> from os import environ
> environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'chronicle.settings'
> import django
> django.setup()
> from ktab.models import Entry, Tag

So I am going to assume Entry and Tag map to the tables ktab_entry and
public.ktab_entry_tags respectively.

> from django.utils.text import slugify
> import csv
>

> filename = '/home/malikarumi/Projects/Progress_Logs/edit_blogpost.csv'
>
> with open(filename, 'rt') as text:
>     reader = csv.DictReader(text, delimiter=',')
>     # next(reader, None)
>     for row in reader:
>         my_entry = Entry.objects.create(
>             title=row['title'], slug=row['slug'],
> chron_date=row['created'],
>             clock=row['clock'], content=row['content'])
>         my_entry.tags.add(row['tag'])

I thought that you needed to pass a model object to add(). If I am
following the above it is just a csv field value.

Assuming log_statement = 'mod', I would tail the postgresql.conf file to
see what is actually hitting the database.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com