And once again getGeneratedKeys()

From: quintesse <quintesse(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: And once again getGeneratedKeys()
Date: 2008-07-15 12:36:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Is there any progress on this? Not having this feature makes it really
difficult to write database independent code.

I'm not really looking for the case where the driver itself figures
out which columns to return, but the version of the method where you
can indicate yourself which columns you want returned would be really
useful.

I saw that a patch was posted last year, along with a remark that it
wouldn't be picked up until this year... but it's July already and no
news yet.

So what's up? Is there anything we can do to help this along? Any
testing to be done, that kind of thing?