Re: Unruly rules

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unruly rules
Date: 2000-10-01 23:43:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The backend process hangs in this loop:

> | foreach(temp, rangetable)

> Somewhere a list pointer needs to be advanced there.

What? foreach() does advance the pointer. The only way this can be
an infinite loop is if the rangetable list is circular.

I wouldn't rank that as out of the question, considering the enthusiasm
with which the rules code munges range lists, but I still don't see it
happening here. Is anyone else seeing regression failures with current
sources?