Re: Status report: regex replacement

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "Jon Jensen" <jon(at)endpoint(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status report: regex replacement
Date: 2003-02-06 04:07:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
>> You want regex_flavour? ;-)

> Hehe - yeah I don't really care. I have to use 'color' often enough
> accessing 100% of the world's programming APIs...

> How about regex_type, regex_mode, regex_option, etc.? ;)

Well, I used "flavor" in my previous message because Friedl uses that
term consistently in his book to refer to the various idiosyncracies
of different regex implementations. It seems like a good term to me;
the differences among them don't rise to the level of being different
languages, yet they're distinctly different.

type, mode, option all seem, um, colourless ...