pgpool: APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! Complete Status: Managed Threads: 3 Active Threads: 3

From: Moin Akther <moindba(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgpool: APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! Complete Status: Managed Threads: 3 Active Threads: 3
Date: 2021-05-18 07:30:24
Lists: pgsql-docs

Dear Team,

We are facing issue whenever application is connecting to pgpool 4th Node.

We have 4 Applications and 4 pgpool nodes, at any point of time Application can able to connect only 3 pgpool nodes, when we are starting application services on 4 pgpool node we are getting below error messages on application logs and also psql command on pgpool is getting hanged..

Application Logs:

APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! Complete Status:
Managed Threads: 3
Active Threads: 3

APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! Creating emergency threads for unassigned pending tasks !
[Timer-0] [WARN] [async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner] – (in deadlocked PoolThread) failed to complete in maximum time 6000ms. Trying interrupt().

Thanks and Best Regards,

Moin Akther

PostgreSQL DBA

Email: moindba(at)hotmail(dot)com<mailto:moindba(at)hotmail(dot)com>