Connecting postgreSQL using JDBC

From: "Howard" <kstse(at)netvigator(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connecting postgreSQL using JDBC
Date: 2000-06-28 03:29:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I have just tried a sample Java program. It connects the PostgreSQL through
the JDBC. I ran it on the postgreSQL machine. It works fine. But, when I
tried to run it in another machine and connecting the database through the
network. The connection was refused. I have no idea what is wrong.

postgreSQL:
startup with 'postmaster -i'
java program:
...DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:postgresql:webtest", "nobody",
"");
where webtest is my testing database name.

-- Howard