Postgres Equivalent of Oracle Optimal Flexible Architecture (OOFA) or MySQL Optimal Configuration Architecture (MOCA)

From: Mark Lehmann <mark(dot)lehmann(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres Equivalent of Oracle Optimal Flexible Architecture (OOFA) or MySQL Optimal Configuration Architecture (MOCA)
Date: 2009-06-08 20:46:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm looking for some Postgres Standards similar to the:

- Oracle Optimal Flexible Architecture (OOFA) /
http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ofa_optimal_flexible_architecture.htm
- MySQL Optimal Configuration Architecture (MOCA) /
http://mysql-dba-journey.blogspot.com/2007/12/mysql-architecture-using-moca.html

Also, is there a PostgreSQL standard for diagramming physical database
storage architecture. I'm referring to things like naming conventions of
filesystems, separation of filesystem purposes, and ideal configuration when
using RAID 10, RAID 5, RAID 6 etc.

I expect that nothing exists exactly matching that for which I am looking.
Anything close or even not so close would be helpful. I'm willing to create
one for PostgreSQL for review by the community if it would be helpful.

--
Mark Lehmann
512 689-7705 M