Re: Docbook 5.x

From: Alexander Law <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alexander Lakhin <a(dot)lakhin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Docbook 5.x
Date: 2016-11-09 10:00:19
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hello Peter,

I think it's time to switch to XSLT. We at Postgres Pro already build
(converted to XML) and publish the docs (for version 9.6, in English and
Russian) and we've got only one bug report related to the
header/navigation differences.
(See https://postgrespro.com/docs/postgresql/9.6/tutorial-concepts.html
vs https://postgrespro.com/docs/postgresql/9.5/tutorial-concepts.html).
There are other customizations that I would like to apply, but it could
be done later.
And as we should completely move away from DSSSL to migrate to XML, I
think the sooner we switch to XSLT, the better.

Best regards,
Alexander