Re: Getting "This ResultSet is closed" exceptions

From: "Paul Tomblin" <ptomblin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting "This ResultSet is closed" exceptions
Date: 2008-02-18 19:48:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Feb 18, 2008 2:10 PM, Andres Olarte <olarte(dot)andres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> You might go for using a single connection per thread. Works for me.

Forgive a possibly stupid question, but how would a class know whether
there is a Connection for this thread already? I use a simple static
to hold the Connection, and so I get one for the whole program. But
there is a lot of asynchronous stuff going on with GUI callbacks,
external "messages" and RMI calls, etc. Do I have to create and
destroy a connection in every callback, or use some sort of thread
pooling system? A previous engineer on this project had one subsystem
that was creating a new database connection every second, and then
closing it a few milliseconds later - that seems like madness to me.

--
For my assured failures and derelictions I ask pardon beforehand of my
betters and my equals in my Calling here assembled, praying that in