Add support for AT LOCAL

From: Vik Fearing <vik(at)postgresfriends(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Add support for AT LOCAL
Date: 2023-06-06 03:13:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Standard defines time zone conversion as follows:

<datetime factor> ::=
<datetime primary> [ <time zone> ]

<time zone> ::=
AT <time zone specifier>

<time zone specifier> ::=
LOCAL
| TIME ZONE <interval primary>

While looking at something else, I noticed we do not support AT LOCAL.
The local time zone is defined as that of *the session*, not the server,
which can make this quite interesting in views where the view will
automatically adjust to the session's time zone.

Patch against 3f1aaaa180 attached.
--
Vik Fearing

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Add-support-for-AT-LOCAL.patch text/x-patch 11.6 KB