Re: Any big slony and WAL shipping users?

From: "Josh Harrison" <joshques(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Glyn Astill" <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>, simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca
Subject: Re: Any big slony and WAL shipping users?
Date: 2007-12-28 17:06:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
Thanks for all your response.
I also thought abt having 2 setups for backup and replication so that even
when slony fails I will always have the standby server (WAL shipping) to
help me out.
I have another question regarding this. I also want to write these to the
tape. Right now we have a cron job doing level 0,1,2,... backups of the
other servers to the tape regularly. What is the good way to include
postgres server backup to tape?
Thanks
josh