Re: postgres catalog files problem

From: "Josh Harrison" <joshques(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres catalog files problem
Date: 2007-09-17 16:57:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
Yes...there is a relation in pg_class with the name 'payment' but its oid is
not 672178. So why is it giving me "could not open relation with OID 672178"
when i try an update statement ?
I use version 8.2. I think the problem started when i manually deleted some
rows from the pg_class catalog file instead of using 'drop table' sql
command. Do you think this created the problem?

Thanks
josh